african mudcloth lumbar pillow cover - mustard yellow dash
Our vintage mudcloth pillow covers are hand cut and sewn in Los Angeles, but the beautiful vintage textiles are made in Mali through an intricate process. Each symbol is thought to tell a different story, and these cloths have been traditionally passed down from mother to daughter.
First, the textiles are handwoven in thin strips, which are then sewn together to form the entire blanket. Once the blanket is finished, it is hand dyed using a variety of fermented muds and plants, and the patterns are hand printed. Each finished textile has pattern variations, and may have paint smudges, discolorations, or pulls at the seams where each panel is individually hand-sewn together. These unique factors add distinction, and make each piece of fabric truly beautiful and original.
Bring a rich global feel into your home with our authentic vintage mudcloth throw pillow covers, no two covers are exactly alike. They are unique accents for sofas, chairs, beds, and more. Each lumbar pillow cover has a canvas or cotton back, and neutral-colored zipper.
***Insert not include***
- materials used: authentic African mudcloth, 100% cotton/canvas back, zipper closure
- option 1: fits 12" x 20" pillow, insert is NOT included
- option 2: fits 12" x 24" pillow, insert is NOT included
- recommended care: spot clean or wash by hand in cold water (color may fade)
- due to handcrafted nature of product, slight variations may occur and are to be expected